Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by means of a number of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of rich choice of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural sound timber, so it is frequently used as the primary component for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material could be 1poshtoram.ru distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure stone or wood.
No matter how perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The large price. The product, that may last over a dozen years is pricey, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained from the tech of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a lasting and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 types of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.